Petco Park has become a favorite family past-time location for San Diego families. Maybe you're like us, and don't go nearly enough because of one, two, or both of these myths that it's too expensive, or it's too much work. Excuse yourself no longer! I contacted the San Diego Padres to help me compile a list of tips for families, and it turns out Petco Park delivers on family fun and affordability! Here are some things I found out:
- KidsFest (presented by Chick-fil-A): Every Sunday. Bounce houses, games, face painting, balloon artists and more kid-friendly activities starting 2.5 hours before the game (Sunday games are usually, but not always at 1:10PM). Access is free with a ticket to that Sunday's game! Click here for a printable schedule.
- Friar Family Days (presented by Denny's): All Sunday-Thursday games. Tickets are $15 for kids, $20 for adults and include a hot dog, soda and family-friendly activities.
- Free for the Little Ones: Petco Park offers free admission for kids under 36".
- Park at the Park: Offers Wiffle Ball Field (presented by Bumble Bee) and sandbox, free for your kiddos and can be used before, after and during the game! Tickets for Park at the Park generally range from $16-22.
- Compadres Kids: Loyalty program that's FREE for your 14-and-unders. They will earn exclusive prizes for each game attended. Kids also earn points for each game attended to redeem for rewards and exclusive experiences. They'll also get access to events every Sunday like: Compadres Kids Sunday Signings (meet the players!), Kids Run the Bases, Pre-game Photo Day and Catch on the Field.
- Baseball Night in San Diego: Every Saturday Home Game. Giveaways such as bobble heads, beach bags/towels, hats, Tee-shirts and jerseys sized for the whole family (Youth Large, Adult Medium/XL/2XL). Click here for the list of giveaways.
- Yes, you can bring in outside food!: Stop and grab Rubio's or that McDonald's Happy Meal on the way... it's allowed in. So long as it's wrapped up. You can also bring in those juice boxes and milk for the kids... see below for the policies on food and beverage (*) if you wanna get details!
- Nursing Lounge: Nursing moms can enjoy a relaxing and private Nursing Lounge on the Toyota Terrace Level in Suite 32 (Offered by the Padres and Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns).
Some helpful links:
- Information Guide to answer any and all of your remaining questions.
- Click here to purchase tickets. (Macaroni Kid Subscribers can get 20% of tickets this year, Click Here for your exclusive code)
- For all other inquiries, check the Padres' website or call (619) 795-5000.
As ALWAYS, I most certainly hope you find this helpful in getting the family out to enjoy a ballgame this season.
Happy Opening Day!!
*FOOD AND BEVERAGE POLICIES
The San Diego Padres permit guests to bring food into Petco Park for individual consumption (but not for large groups of individuals) as long as the items are consumed in the general seating or designated picnic areas. Outside food cannot be brought into any restaurant, club lounge, or suite. Guests must also adhere to the following:
All food items should be wrapped, bagged, or left inside a container to avoid spillage.
Food that might be thrown as a projectile must be sliced or sectioned (i.e., oranges, apples and other fruits).
Food containers must be soft-sided and small enough to fit under the guest's seat. All bottles, cans, thermoses, jugs and containers that are larger than sixteen (16) inches by sixteen (16) inches by eight (8) inches are prohibited inside Petco Park.
Factory-sealed, bottled water that are one (1) liter or less are permitted into Petco Park. Guests may also bring empty, sport-type water bottles and fill them at any water fountain throughout the ballpark..*
Factory-sealed, bottled water that is one (1) liter or less and soft-sided single juice or milk containers are the only outside beverages permitted in to Petco Park. Guests with disabilities may bring factory-sealed plastic or paper containers that contain liquids required for medical reasons into the ballpark.