The City of Carlsbad’s Cultural Arts Office is hosting another Virtual Family Open Studios, free art workshops for all ages that occur in conjunction with exhibitions at the William D. Cannon Art Gallery. Free art kits are also available to accompany the corresponding art instruction. This virtual art experience will showcase the artwork of Prescott, Arizona artist, Barb Wills, whose work is on display in the Cannon Art Gallery exhibit Material Pulses: Seven Viewpoints. Participants have the opportunity to watch a live interview with Barb Wills, learn about the history of textiles, view artwork from other artists, engage in live arts instruction for the art kit project, get tips for creating your art piece and ask questions.
Through the generosity of the Carlsbad Friends of the Arts and the Carlsbad Library & Arts Foundation, free art kits with all of the supplies needed to learn about and create an art piece will be provided to everyone that registers. Included with the art kits will be a link to the live art instruction Zoom event.
At a glance
- Live interview and art instruction Zoom event with artist Barb Wills is Saturday. May 8 at 11 a.m.
- Zoom link will be posted prior to the event on the Cultural Arts website.
- Registration for FREE art kits is open until May 3.
- Once reserved, art kits will be available for curbside pickup at the Carlsbad City Library and Georgina Cole Library.
- Free art kits are in limited supply and will be available on a first come first served basis.
- See other Cultural Arts online programs and virtual events.
Arts Education Coordinator, Laurette Garner, commented, “We had such a great time hosting the last Virtual Family Open Studios in February and are really looking forward to speaking with quilting artist Barb Wills who has a wealth of artistic knowledge to share with the Carlsbad community. Participants will learn more about this talented artist and the art she creates. Most of all, we hope everyone will be inspired to be the creator they were born to be.”
Barb Wills Art Kit
The Carlsbad Cultural Arts Office presents a robust series of concerts, exhibitions, special events, arts educational opportunities and public art installations. Family Open Studios is supported by the Carlsbad Friends of the Arts and the Carlsbad Library & Arts Foundation.